Careers » EU Public Affairs Lead – Takeda
As EU Public Affairs Lead, you will drive policy discussions in the EU (Brussels) and Europe on the value of plasma and the need for a supportive policy and regulatory environment to enable reliable access to plasma and sustainable access to PDTs, while strengthening Takeda’s reputation. Partner with teams across Takeda in PDT BU, EUCAN BU to activate and equip Takeda leaders, local operating companies (LOCs), and regional teams with tools and strategies to engage policymakers and the policy community on plasma-related issues.
- Drive policy discussions in the EU (Brussels) and Europe on the value of plasma and the need for a supportive policy and regulatory environment to enable reliable access to plasma and sustainable access to PDTs, while strengthening Takeda’s reputation.
- Partner with teams across Takeda in PDT BU, EUCAN BU to activate and equip Takeda leaders, local operating companies (LOCs), and regional teams with tools and strategies to engage policymakers and the policy community on plasma-related issues.
- As part of a Global PDT Corporate Affairs team, manage complex policy issues and develop global tools and approaches to support plasma availability and patient access to PDTs, potentially taking on or contributing to global projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Represent Takeda externally and help shape an EU and European public policy environment that supports reliable availability of plasma and patient access to PDTs. Position Takeda and PDT BU effectively, building trust and reputation with policy stakeholders and their influencers.
- Build and coordinate Takeda PDT BU positions on EU and European policy and legislative issues, liaising with teams across Takeda to ensure coordinated and aligned approaches, building key relationships, and forging external partnerships.
- Advocate to EU policymakers including the European Commission, European Parliament, and Council of the EU. Participate in, organize and actively contribute to activities run by the EU institutions, industry organizations, advocacy groups and other platforms.
- Support Takeda engagement in EU trade associations such as EFPIA, EUCOPE, EuropaBio. Represent Takeda in European associations, including taking a leading role in Plasma Protein Therapeutics Association (PPTA) Europe.
- In partnership with the PDT Corporate Affairs team, support LOC teams across Europe to effectively communicate positions on plasma and PDT-related policy issues and build supportive policy environments at national level.
- Manage outsourced Public Affairs and Communication agency resources as needed. Establish and oversee effective policy monitoring systems. Provide effective guidance on how to support our teams efficiently and effectively.
- Support a ‘One Takeda’ approach in Brussels, partnering effectively with EUCAN Public Affairs and the Brussels EU Public Affairs Office. Coordinate and align among all Takeda teams interacting with representatives of the EU institutions and other stakeholders.
- Be a collaborative member of the PDT Global Corporate Teams, helping to manage regional and global policy issues and ensuring effective delivery of priority team projects.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in policy, public affairs or government relations, acquired in multinational company, public affairs agency or trade association, with minimum 5 years in the EU policy environment.
- Experience working in a complex organization, building strong cross-functional relationships with key partners, motivating teams across functions and regions without direct authority.
- Strong business acumen: ability to monitor and process complex information and proven experience in managing complex policy issues.
- Ability to assess and articulate the business and reputational impact of policy, legislative, and regulatory issues.
About the Company
Takeda is a patient-focused, values-based, R&D-driven global biopharmaceutical company committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter Future to people worldwide. Our passion and pursuit of potentially life-changing treatments for patients are deeply rooted in over 240 years of distinguished history in Japan. Today, we are the number one pharmaceutical company in Japan and a global industry leader. Our best-in-class products are marketed worldwide, positively impacting millions of lives.