Job Opening: Policy Intern
We’re looking to recruit a talented Policy Intern with some knowledge of the EU institutions, its processes and policies.
You are educated to a degree level in a relevant field ( e.g. Political Science, Law, Communication, Economics) and are looking for your first EU public affairs experience. You have a beginner’s knowledge of the EU, its policies and processes.
Fluent in English, you can think out of the box and provide effective yet creative solutions. Interested in healthcare-related issues, you see the added value of medical innovation and of industry.
This is a paid internship for a period of six (6) months, starting in early September 2022 in Brussels, Belgium. There is a possibility to renew the position one time.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The internship covers all kinds of public affairs activities, from monitoring health-related legislative developments to providing support in event organisation and stakeholder engagement. Set in a team of 9, the internship will also require support in administrative and logistics matters.
- Providing additional support to the public affairs team:
- Policy monitoring and analysis of health-related legislative developments
- Drafting reports of internal and stakeholder meetings
- Supporting stakeholder engagement with EU institutions and stakeholders
- Assisting the organisation of EUCOPE’s Working Groups meetings (agenda setting, preparing and co-chairing the Group’s meetings)
- Coordinating the organisation of internal/external events and meetings
Your personal qualities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Keen interest in EU political and policy affairs
- Entrepreneurial and willing to take initiatives and support both organisational and strategic aspects of different projects
- Action-oriented and responsible
- Strong analytical and summarising skills
If you are interested in the position, kindly send your curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 August 2022.
Since 2008, the European Confederation of Pharmaceutical Entrepreneurs (EUCOPE) has been the voice of small to mid-sized health technology companies in Europe. Representing 2600+ innovative biopharmaceutical companies directly or through national associations, EUCOPE advocates for sound public policy that supports innovation, while fostering a community built on a shared purpose: improving and saving the lives of European patients through innovative therapies and medical technology.