News - January 25, 2021
Job Opening: Policy Officer
EUCOPE is looking for a new Policy Officer to join its team in Brussels.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Place of employment: EUCOPE, Brussels, Belgium
The European Confederation of Pharmaceutical Entrepreneurs (EUCOPE) is a trade association, which gives voice to over 900 small-to-mid-sized companies in the fields of pharmaceuticals, biotechnologies – many of which active in rare diseases – and medical devices. EUCOPE represents its members towards national and international governmental organisations in particular towards the EU institutions and agencies.
EUCOPE is looking to recruit a talented person with a sound knowledge of the EU institutions, its processes and policies.
You are educated to degree level in a relevant field and have gathered first public affairs experiences, preferably from working in or around the EU institutions, not-for-profit or private sector, and have an excellent knowledge of the EU, its policies and processes. A first experience in the life sciences sector would be an advantage.
Fluent in English, you have the ability to think out of the box and provide effective yet creative solutions. Interested in healthcare-related issues, you see the added value of medical innovation and of industry.
The Policy Officer will support and complement the current work of the EUCOPE team. Your principal activities will consist of the following:
- Public affairs/advocacy
- Coordinate external activities of the association
- Support in the organisation of internal and external events and meetings
- Provide support to the public affairs team:
- Press and policy-monitoring of health-related legislative developments
- Drafting reports of internal and stakeholder meetings
- Ad-hoc support in stakeholder engagement
Your personal qualities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Keen interest in EU political and policy affairs
- Entrepreneurial and willing to take initiatives
- Action-oriented and responsible
- Strong analytical and summarising skills
- Proven organisational skills
Employment conditions & remuneration
This is a full-time position, to start as soon as possible, for an initial duration of 12 months. The officer will be based in Brussels.
Competitive remuneration package and benefits.
Are you interested?
Please send your application (curriculum vitae + 1-page letter of motivation) by 15 February to the EUCOPE Secretariat (email@example.com).
Due to the high amounts of application, please be informed that we can only respond to successful applicants.