News - January 14, 2021
EUCOPE Event: Health 4.0 post-COVID
Join experts on 27 January, to discuss how a fit-for-purpose environment can help develop AI and the digitalisation of healthcare. Hearing the priorities of the Portuguese presidency and the European Commission’s plans on digital health, panellists will share ideas on:
- How can the EU facilitate the implementation of AI-based technologies?
- How can policy-makers address the challenges faced by SMEs in accessing capital, data and skills?
- How should the new Regulatory Framework on AI strike a balance between regulation/innovation and ensure that high ethical standards do not play against the competitiveness of EU SMEs?
- How have the COVID19-related privacy issues impacted the perception of Europeans on sharing their data?
The event will also give the occasion to present EUCOPE White Paper on Artificial Intelligence: AI in Healthcare: A European Opportunity.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Pedro Lourtie, Portugal Deputy Permanent Representative
- MEP Romana Jerkovic, European Parliament
- MEP Sean Kelly, European Parliament
- Ceri Thompson, European Commission
- Dr Loubna Bouarfa, OKRA Technologies
- Joao Duarte, Alexion Pharmaceuticals
- Michele Calabro, European Patients’ Forum
- Alexander Natz, EUCOPE
The event will be moderated by Christophe Amiel, Voisin Consulting Life Sciences