Better Decision-Making for Better Outcomes: Harnessing the Power of RWE
23. Mar 2023 — Register Here
The COVID-19 pandemic has shown us how real-world data (RWD) can be used for medicine authorisation and assessment, providing an invaluable complement to clinical trial data when it is needed most. For rare diseases, RWD can support regulatory decisions when small population numbers make clinical trials infeasible. For influenza and other respiratory diseases, RWD is critical to understanding the effectiveness, impact and safety of medicines in large and heterogeneous populations. To tackle cancer, RWD allows the development of personalised treatments and facilitates the assessment on the value of medicines.
Confirmed speakers include:
- MEP Tomislav Sokol (Member of the European Parliament, EPP, Croatia)
- Fulvia Raffaelli (Head of Unit Digital Health, DG SANTE, European Commission)
- Dr Christina Kyriakopoulou (Scientific Officer, DG RTD, European Commission)
- Dr Alexander Natz (Secretary-General, EUCOPE)
- Dr Tanja Stamm (Head of Section for Outcomes Research, Center for Medical Statistics, Informatics and Intelligent Systems at the Medical University of Vienna and H2O Co-Lead)
- Dr Daniel Furtner (Medical Director Vaccines and Biosecurity, CSL Seqirus)
- Antonella Cardone (CEO and Founder, Cancer Patients Europe)
- Prof Caterina Rizzo (Full Professor of Hygiene and Preventive Medicine, University of Pisa)
- Dr Ravi Jandhyala (Visiting Senior Lecturer, Centre for Pharmaceutical Medicine Research, King’s College London and Consultant Pharmaceutical Physician)
This public roundtable is hosted by MEP Stelios Kympouropoulos (EPP, Greece) as part of the European Health Tech Summit series.
The roundtable will be followed by a reception. The event will also be live-streamed.
If you wish to attend in person and do not have a valid badge to enter the European Parliament, please register before 17 March.