News - March 9, 2022
Job Opening: Policy Officer
EUCOPE is growing and we’re looking to recruit a talented Policy Officer with a sound knowledge of the EU institutions, its processes and policies.
You are educated to degree level in a relevant field and have gathered first public affairs experiences from working in or around the EU institutions, not-for-profit or private sector, and have an excellent knowledge of the EU, its policies and processes.
Fluent in English, you have the ability to think out of the box and provide effective yet creative solutions. Interested in healthcare-related issues, you see the added value of medical innovation and of industry. A good understanding of the EU’s Digital Strategy and its significance for the healthcare sector is of advantage.
The policy officer will complement and support the current work of the EUCOPE team. Your principal activities will consist of the following:
Public affairs / advocacy
- Manage at least one of EUCOPE’s Working Groups (agenda setting, preparing and co-chairing the Group’s meetings)
- Provide additional support to the public affairs team:
- Press and policy-monitoring of health-related legislative developments
- Drafting reports of internal and stakeholder meetings
- Ad-hoc support in stakeholder engagement
- Support in the organisation of internal and external events and meetings
Your personal qualities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Keen interest in EU political and policy affairs
- Entrepreneurial and willing to take initiatives
- Action-oriented and responsible
- Strong analytical and summarising skills
- Proven organisational skills
EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS & REMUNERATION
Employment conditions & remuneration
This is a full-time position, to start as soon as possible, for an initial duration of 12 months. The position will be based in Brussels, Belgium.
Competitive remuneration package and benefits.
Are you interested?
Please send your application (curriculum vitae + 1-page letter of motivation) before 18 March to the EUCOPE Secretariat (email@example.com).
Due to the high amounts of application, please be informed that we can only respond to successful applicants.