Job Opening: Communications & Business Development Manager
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Communications and Business Development Manager to lead and implement our internal and external communication strategies while developing new membership and partnership opportunities for the organisation.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the overall communications activities of EUCOPE, ensuring visibility, reputation growth and expansion of the organisation
- Developing and coordinating external and internal communications strategies;
- Drafting press releases and communications for global media, as well as managing social media channels and updating the website;
- Expanding relationships with specialised press in the EU and global environment;
- Creating content for the EUCOPE blog and podcasts and social media (Linkedin, Twitter, YouTube)
- Organising and coordinating EUCOPE events (in collaboration with the Public Affairs team);
- Identifying and cultivating opportunities to grow EUCOPE’s membership through communication campaigns, events etc.
- Enhancing our benefits of membership by creating collaborative ways to amplify awareness of EUCOPE and its innovative members
- Managing our development pipeline by supporting the identification of new membership/business opportunities, tracking, and reporting on activities and progress, and conducting regular reviews of the development pipeline with senior management
- Keeping abreast of market trends, competitor activities, and industry developments to identify potential business opportunities and stay ahead of the competition
- Coordinating with the government and public affairs team to ensure consistent messaging and branding across all platforms
- Identifying industry events and networking opportunities to participate in.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Excellent understanding of complex issues and ability to communicate clearly and appropriately to a range of audiences
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Adobe tools, Canva and social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube);
- Vast experience in website management (WordPress) and SEO techniques;
- Good understanding of membership-based organisations;
- Proactive approach with the ability to work individually as well as collaboratively as part of a small team;
- Fluency in written and spoken English plus knowledge of another EU language (i.e French);
- People-person with experience/interest in business development;
- Experience with mass mailing tools and social media marketing desirable (e.g. Mailchimp).
- Experience in producing and editing podcasts and videos (Spotify, Riverside, YouTube)
- Experience in Life Sciences industry/EU Institutions with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to gather and interpret data
- Proven track record for crafting compelling proposals that effectively showcase our unique value proposition and win new business opportunities
- Conducting market research and analysis to identify potential clients, industries, and trends
- Experience of identifying, organising and participating in industry events, trade shows, and networking opportunities
EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS & REMUNERATION
This is a full-time position, to start as soon as possible, for an initial duration of 12 months. The manager will be based in Brussels with the opportunity for part-time remote working. Competitive remuneration package and benefits.
You have at least three to five years (3-5) of experience in communications/public relations, preferably in the life science sector and a deep understanding of EU institutions and developing business relationships. Holding a university degree in communications, public relations, marketing or business, you are a people person with the proven ability to develop and implement communication strategies, nurture existing partnerships and explore avenues for growth.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Since 2008, the European Confederation of Pharmaceutical Entrepreneurs (EUCOPE) has been the voice of small to mid-sized health technology companies in Europe. Representing 2600+ innovative biopharmaceutical companies directly or through national associations, EUCOPE advocates for sound public policy that supports innovation, while fostering a community built on a shared purpose: improving and saving the lives of European patients through ground-breaking therapies and medical technology. Learn more at www.eucope.org