EUCOPE – the European Confederation of Pharmaceutical Entrepreneurs
Conferences and next Working Groups
- 23 Septembre 2015: EUCOPE Webinar on Emerging Markets
- 13 October 2015: EUCOPE Lunch Reception “Cross Border Healthcare – Achievements and Challenges in EU Legislation” at the European Parliament in Brussels
- 14 October 2015: EUCOPE Board Meeting in Brussels
- 26 November 2015: EUCOPE Orphan Medicinal Products Working Group Meeting in Brussels
- 3 December 2015: EUCOPE Pricing & Reimbursement / Market Access Working Group Meeting in Brussels
- 23 February 2016: EUCOPE Board Meeting in Brussels
- 21 June 2016: EUCOPE Board Meeting in Brussels
- 11 October 2016: EUCOPE Board Meeting in Brussels
European Biotechnology – A Medical Focus
EUCOPE is proud to be part of the 2014 publication “European Biotechnology – A Medical Focus” by Horn Publishing. Alexander Natz has contributed with a foreword on the Impact of Clinical Trial Data Transparency for Biotechnology in Europe. An online version of the publication can be found here.
Market Access in Emerging Market – Unmet Needs and Growth Potential
23 September – Webinar
Emerging markets are a diverse group of countries with significant unmet health needs. For the past decades, emerging markets like the BRICMT countries, second-tier countries like Southeast Asia, and Sub-Saharan Africa have been solely seen as pure marketplace for selling products. However, having the highest growth rates in terms of population and GDP, these markets offer an opportunity for companies to open up new markets for research, manufacturing as well as for existing products.
Please find more information on Webinar here.
Value Assessment & Pricing in France, the UK and Germany
24 September 2015 in Berlin
Harmonisation of the drug value assessment in Europe still has far to go. The most promising projects to date are related to Multi-HTA early dialogues. This meeting gives you an up-to-the-minute update on the harmonisation efforts as well as on national value assessment and pricing in France, Germany and the UK.
- What is the role of health economics in the different systems?
- How are orphan drugs, cancer drugs and drugs for chronic diseases assessed?
After having attended this meeting you will be aware of the current status of and the challenges for the national systems in the UK, France and Germany, and have a sound perspective on what you can expect from the European HTA cooperations.
Please find more information here.
EUCOPE provides a platform for discussion for pharmaceutical entrepreneurs. On a regular basis owners and CEOs of pharmaceutical companies and associations discuss solutions to improve the quality of life for patients and to strengthen the competitiveness of the European pharmaceutical industry.
The legal framework for pharmaceutical markets is set largely by the EU institutions. An active role in the political debate on the EU level is therefore more important than ever before. The early perception of future markets and reliable regulatory circumstances are key aspects for entrepreneurial success.
Knowledge about this legal framework and the active discussion and participation on the EU level is therefore essential for pharmaceutical entrepreneurs in order to generate innovations.
EUCOPE understands itself as service provider for its members. The association provides its members with an early understanding about regulatory developments.
Current regulatory topics are:
- EMA Transparency Policy (Policy 0700)
- Clinical Trials Regulation (Regulation (EU) No 536/2014)
- EMA Fees Regulation (Regulation (EU) No 658/2014)
- Commission proposal Review IVD legislation
- Commission proposal Review Medical Devices legislation
A tight monitoring and comprehensive information about future market conditions are valuable assets for entrepreneurial decisions. Questions such as access to finance, market access and reliable reimbursement conditions are of crucial importance for pharmaceutical entrepreneurs.
Please find out more about EUCOPE under About us.
EUCOPE in the News
EUCOPE is in regular contact with the press on current developments in the EU and national pharma markets.
Please find some examples here.